P.O. Box 854 Petersham MA – 01366
Communications/ Public Affairs Specialist=
- Public Relations
- Trade shows
- Collateral and sales material=
s: Developed a portfolio of materials for Pol=
ID Systems and Viisage Technology. Conceptual and content development =
- Media trainer: Leader of creative teams, and corporate
- Concept and develop trade shows and marketing camp=
- Web site design and content development for large, small a=
- Proposal writing:<=
Toll Plaza RFP, Ohio Turnpike toll system RFP. Massachusetts Turnpike =
Pass system upgrade RFP for ACS-Inc., Germantown, MD.
- Grant writing: Mass Farmstands grant
proposal - funded by Massachusetts Department of Agriculture. BioMass project proposal, Orange MA Airport.
- Marketing Campaigns
- Deadline-driven projects, writing
- Team Leadership
- Product Positioning, Messaging & Bran=
- Web & Print Content Development
- Public & Media Relations=
- Focus Group & Market Research
- Develop Training Materials
- Sales Collateral & Sales Support
- New Product Development and Launch
Independent Product Developer,=
site developer -- Sole proprietorship serving small and
mid-sized businesses 2002 to present
- Full-blown e-commerce si=
content for a busy Mediterranean marketplace<=
- Fundraising communicatio=
Eastern States Exposition Foundation
- Web site design and cons=
to more than two dozen businesses.
Internet Manager – Wachusett Mountain Associates
– 2004-2005 winter season
40,000 item e-mail marketing database.
site makeover. Daily updates and new images/videos.<=
Manager, Polaroid ID Systems - 5/1997 to 11/2001
Manage corporate marketing and communications functions,
overseeing a $950,000 budget and 6-member team. Direct brand management, PR,
media relations, corporate positioning, product launches, advertising, sales
collateral and tradeshow marketing. Story placement in major US and =
- Placed stories in the Wall Street Journal,
Chicago Tribune, International Herald Tribune and in trade and regional
- Developed and launched integrated RFID acce=
control system. Patent applied for by Polaroid.
- Created divisional Web portal to improve co=
flow and serve as a sales tool.
- Wrote catalogs, course guides and training
brochures that enhanced the sales reps' understanding of complex produ=
features and helped them sell more effectively.
- Produced media kit for use in sales
presentations. Efforts were credited as instrumental in closing numero=
- Vendor negotiations to control spending wit=
compromising business growth goals.
Marketing Communications Manager, Viisage Techno=
5/1996 to 5/1997
- Manage corporate marketi=
communications and investor relations functions.
- Brand management, PR, me=
relations, story placement, corporate positioning, product launches,
advertising, sales collateral and tradeshows.
Telegram & Gazette 1/1995 to 5/1996
launch and maintain 500-page daily newspaper Web site.
Senior Editor, Community Affairs
newspapers’ community development coverage and agenda.
innovative community-wide recycling program.
Planning and Systems Editor
Editorial system support, software development, training materials.=
for 200-plus staff.
Planning and Systems Editor
strong>New England Society of Newspaper Editors - Master Repo=
- Associated Press News Executives –
Editorial Writing 2d
- Software: MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint), Photoshop,
ImageReady, Privia collaboration software.
- Web/Multimedia: HTML, FrontPage, Dreamweaver, Video Edit M=
of Hartford, Hartford CT=
Literature - Completed degree requirements
Membership and non-profit experien=
Association of Proposal Management Professionals
Young Entrepreneurs Society – board member=
Bancroft Human Services - board member
Consumer Credit Counseling of Eastern
Massachusetts – board member
Consumer Credit Counseling of Eastern Massachuse=
– board president - Worc=
Salvation Army – Worcester – board m=
Polaroid Foundation – employee advisor =
2001 - 2004
Union Station Alliance
School – Supp=